Thursday, June 12, 2014

Babysitting Ideas and We Love Books Linky





So my daughter took a babysitting class along with first aid and CPR last summer. She mainly has watched her brothers. Now she is beginning to babysit other kids. She has sat for a teacher friend too, but yesterday was her "first" interview. She searched Pinterest and found some babysitter information sheets that she liked and printed those. 
She found this one 

by using Pinterest. It can also be found by using  baby sitter notes Kid to Kid. 

She also created a "bag of tricks" (inspired by orgjunkie) and the babysitter note.
Here is the bag she created:



She has a folder with information for the parents to complete.

She also included a coloring book, a dry erase board, an art box with crayons, colored pencils, dry erase markers, stickers, foamies, a first aid area with band-aids and baby wipes. There are a couple of books and for the interview she took the game, Memory (because it was age appropriate). She plans on using other games and "tricks" according to the child's age.

All went well on her interview. My daughter had to get a reference. This was simple-my sweet teammate gave her the sweetest reference. She was sure to text and tell her thank you and that she really enjoyed her visit with the kids. She is now the "primary" sitter. I'm so proud of her. Comments were gleaming. My daughter is using her money for a choral trip in which she wants to attend, as well as, books for pleasure reading. I couldn't ask for a better daughter.  




Secondly, I have decided to join Deanna Jump's We Love Books Linky

It is hard to choose one book as my favorite. Therefore, I'm choosing the most requested (at the moment) by my boys. They are Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown,  Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed  by Eileen Christelow,  A Pocket Full of Kisses  by Audrey Penn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment