Sunday, March 25, 2012

Earth Day Every Day and a Linky


Leanne at Teaching Tales is having an




So I decided to join. Pollution is part of the third grade currirulum. I decided to use the Earth Day Theme during the first week in March. I read The Lorax. We discussed water pollution, air pollution, and noise pollution. The students used the persuasive writing prompt: How can you convince your peers to make EVERYDAY Earth Day? We used our four square model to create our main argument and our 3 convincing reasons. Upon the "brainstorming session", student completed their writing on notebook paper. Finishing touches were added by creating Lorax heads and mustaches. This is the final product:

I used ideas from Rachel at The Sub Hub (Teachers Pay Teachers page) for my part of my Lorax unit. The movie also opened the same Friday we  had been studying Pollution so we made these cute trees too.

Next week, I will begin my post on our Chris Van Allsburg study. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment